Posted on Leave a comment

Pesticides in Food Proven to be Dangerous

Now for many of us, this seems to be a no-brainer. Any chemical residue on our food (or in our homes from using bug killer chemicals) is going to have some kind of probably negative impact on our health. Common sense says, if there is an “impurity”(something we haven’t coevolved with), it most likely isn’t really safe.

Bad for adult brains, too. On the heels of last week’s strong report from pediatricians  highlighting the harms pesticides can cause children’s developing  minds, a new study finds that pesticides are clearly harming adult  brains, too.

In the “meta-analysis” published in Critical Reviews in Toxicology,  scientists reviewed 14 separate studies of neurobehavioral changes  linked to low-level organophosphate (OP) pesticide exposure. They found  that workers exposed to OPs — particularly over long periods of time —  had reduced working memory and were slower to process information.Read more »

Posted on Leave a comment

Low Doses of Pesticides Are NOT Safe

It’s been the official mantra of pesticide companies for decades: “The dose makes the poison.” While it makes intuitive sense — you’d think that the more of a chemical you’re exposed to, the sicker you’ll get — the science has, in fact, been saying otherwise for years.

A team of 12 scientists recently released a report calling on EPA to completely revamp the way they evaluate chemicals, to better reflect this now fully understood reality: Tiny amounts of certain chemicals can have devastating effects on human health.

It’s all about the hormones. Our systems are largely regulated by these powerful chemical messengers, and the intricate process of fetal development is all but completely orchestrated by them.

If you would like to finish reading this article from Pesticide Action Network, go HERE.